Will Smith is one of the hardest working men in Hollywood. Smith would do whatever it takes to land a movie role. He takes his workout routine and fitness lifestyle just as seriously and applies his same outlook on life to his workout routine.
Will Smith is without a doubt one of the most popular Actors in this world, we all know him by his incredible performance in movies like ‘Independence Day’, ‘I, Robot’, ‘Enemy of the State’, and ‘Ali’, he proved his mettle to the entire world as an awesome actor that always fits perfectly in the paper of his movies.
Ver esta publicación en Instagram
Months ago, Will Smith posted in boxer briefs on social media saying that he was not in his best shape, and it was all because of the pandemic lockdown, he couldn’t continue with his fitness sessions and he instead stayed at home eating muffins.
In that same post, he announced that he will have his health & wellness back on track, and created the #BestShapeOfMyLife Hashtag.
“This is the body that carried me through an entire pandemic and countless days grazing through the pantry. I love this body, but I wanna FEEL better,” he captioned the video at the time. “No more midnight muffins…this is it! Imma get in the BEST SHAPE OF MY LIFE!!!!! Teaming up with @YouTube to get my health & wellness back on track. Hope it works!”
Will Smith Fitness Training: Workout Principles
Will Smith performs weightlifting training 5 days per week and trains two body parts per workout.
His trainer likes to use a pyramid training routine, this highly effective training technique utilizes an upward, then downward sequence in weight, reps or sets.
Will Smith’s Workout Routine
The hardest working man in Hollywood may also be the hardest working man in the gym. Smith did a lot of cardio workouts to keep off the weight and also focused on pyramid training to really build some added strength.
The pyramid training ‘was designed to beef up the skinny actor. For that role, Smith went from 185 pounds to a rock hard 220 pounds. To get ready for the film, he started training 12 months even before filming began.
Will Smith’s Monday Routine: Chest
On Monday, Smith performs his chest routine, which majorly consists of barbell and dumbbell press variations.
- Push-Ups (3 sets, 20 reps)
- Barbell Bench Press (5 sets, 5 reps)
- Incline Barbell Bench Press (5 sets, 5 reps)
- Incline Dumbbell Bench Press (5 sets, 5 reps)
- Upright Cable Flys (3 sets, 10 reps)
- Lying Dumbbell Punch (2 sets to Failure)
Will Smith’s Tuesday routine: Shoulders
On Tuesday, Smith performs a shoulder routine, focusing on dumbbell and barbell press movements, finishing with dumbbell raises.
- Dumbbell Shoulder Press (2 sets, 20 reps)
- Barbell Shoulder Press (4 sets, 6 reps)
- Dumbbell Shoulder Press (4 sets, 6 reps)
- Behind-the-Neck Barbell Press(4 sets, 8 reps)
- Lateral Raises (4 sets, 8 reps)
- Front Raises (3 sets, 10-12 reps)
- Air Punch (4 sets to Failure)
Will Smith’s Wednesday routine: Back
On Wednesday, Smith performs his back routine, which focuses on chin-ups and bent over row variations.
- Chin-Ups (3 sets, 50 reps)
- Dumbbell Bent Over Row (4 sets, 6 reps)
- Barbell Bent Over Row (2 sets, 6 reps)
- Barbell Bent Over Row (2 sets, 6 reps)
- Pulldowns (4 sets, 6-8 reps)
- Chin-Ups (3 sets, 10 reps)
Will Smith’s Thursday routine: Arms
On Thursday, Smith performs an arms routine, using exercises that mostly involve barbells or dumbbells.
- Cable Pushdowns (Heavy): (4 sets, 8 reps)
- Barbell Arm Curls (4 sets, 8 reps)
- Barbell Triceps Extensions (4 sets, 8 reps)
- Incline Bench Skull-Crushers (4 sets, 8 reps)
- Arm Curls (Incline): Alternating (4 sets, 8 reps)
- Triceps Kickbacks (4 sets, 8 reps)
- Dumbbell Hammer Curls (4 sets, 8 reps)
Will Smith’s Friday Routine: Legs
On Friday, it’s time for Will’s leg routine, which includes a full range of compound movements.
- Hip Abductions (3 sets, 20 reps)
- Front Squats (5 sets, 5 reps)
- Full Squats (5 sets, 5 reps)
- Dumbbell Lunges (3 sets, 8 reps)
- Leg Press: Single Leg (4 sets, 8 reps)
- Box Jump (4 sets, 30 seconds)
Saturday and Sunday: Rest
On Saturday and Sunday, Will Smith rests and recovers.
Will Smith’s Diet
When it came to diet Smith was usually taking in about 3,500 calories, and as long as he hit that goal, he didn’t care how many meals he took to get it.
During sessions, he would occasionally take a spoonful or two of protein powder from Optimum Nutrition. Smith’s go-to dinner was a grilled chicken breast, with sweet potato and broccoli.
Here is Will Smith’s diet:
- Breakfast: Eggs, oatmeal.
- Snack: Optimum Nutrition Protein Shake.
- Lunch: Chicken Breast with broccoli.
- Dinner: Beef and sweet potato.
Will Smith is a very inspiring person, mostly because when he does something, he strives to make it perfectly, we already know that he will achieve his goal to be in his best shape of his life, so if you have that confidence in him, then you can have confidence in yourself that you can get the best shape of your life too.
If you're currently not in a very good shape as will smith at this moment, or if you want to change your workout routine to buff and define your muscles, try to imitate this pyramid routine and diet, it will definitely work on you.
And last but not least, Will smith is a man of good self esteem, he tries to see everything with a happy mood, keeping an optimistic mood is a key to achieve your fitness goals!
Read more about health and fitness in our Purehoarder.com Blog!